To install Magento module / extension please use the following steps:
- Navigate to Magento Connect site
- Find extension for your store:
- At the extension page click on Get Now button, select your edition (we install Community Edition by default) and Magento Connect v2.0 version (for Magento version 1.5 and above). Please refer to Verifying Magento version article if unsure about your Magento version. If you have Magento 1.4 or older Magento version please select Magento Connect v1.0:
- Click on Get Extension Key button to copy the Extension key into clipboard. For Magento 1.5 and above it should look like the following:
- Switch to Magento Connect Manager at System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager or by pointing your browser to http://your-store-name/downloader/:
- Paste Magento Extension key into the very first input field:
- If "Put store on the maintenance mode while installing/upgrading" checkbox is checked the store will be switched to Maintenance mode (frontend will be inaccessible). To switch the maintenance mode off you need to delete maintenance.flag file in the root directory of your store. If you are not sure how to delete the maintenance.flag file you can simply uncheck the "Put store on the maintenance mode while installing/upgrading" checkbox.
- Click on the Install button to start installation
- Flush Magento cache to clear cached data
- Re-login into Magento backend to reload module permissions for your account, new admin functionality will be available after re-login
Refer to the module documentation for its initial configuration (if any) and start using it.